When we write an essay, a lot depends on the type of essay and its academic discipline. Afterward, we should consider the topic. Some students struggle hard when they are assigned a leadership essay. It’s not always easy in reality as it seems on paper.
A leadership essay may induce certain obstacles. You ought to write about the main qualities of leadership. However, some people don’t know or don’t understand what makes a good leader. It may be the main factor that leads to failure. Besides, there are a few more obstacles like dull texts, irrelevant data and so on. This article will cover these necessities. We asked an expert team from SmartWritingService which provides legit paper writing services for students to share some professional tips for writing a successful paper on leadership.
Figure Out the Purpose
Your first aim is to decide what your project will dwell upon. There are at least four different approaches to revealing the meaning and value of leadership. These are as follows:
- Describe someone’s leadership abilities;
- Write a story of a prominent leader;
- Write about your own experience that proves you possess the required skills of a leader;
- Give a general description of leadership as a term and quality in people;
As you can see, these approaches have something similar. Nevertheless, the plot of your story will go a different way in each suggestion.
Choose a Good Topic
Once you decide on the approach, you should choose a proper topic. Any topic should have certain qualities.
- Choose a currently important theme;
- Make it interesting and valuable for your audience;
- Define your readers to meet their possible needs;
- It should be something unsolved;
- Make a standpoint concerning the main question;
- Find one or several solutions to resolve the problem;
Mind that this is only the first step to select a topic.
Define Control Questions
To choose a good topic, you should put yourself control questions. This is the second step in topic selection. You may put the following questions:
- Do leaders succeed due to great communication skills?
- Should a leader be self-confident and a bit selfish?
- Is ambition important?
- Isn’t love for risk-taking dangerous?
- What helps to overcome obstacles?
- How do leaders organize the working process?
- What driving force makes other people follow?
These and some other questions are the main pointers. They will help to understand the nature of this phenomenon and consequently, plainly reveal it in your essay.
Define the Main Qualities of Leadership
The third step is to identify the qualities. To write a proper leadership essay, you should likewise understand what makes a good leader. There are certain qualities every leader is supposed to possess. These are as follows:
- Passion about his/her beliefs
- A talent to organize and discipline work
- An ability to influence
- Abilities to lead and teach
We want to add that you shouldn’t stick to this list only. There are many other qualities every leader may and should possess. Therefore, define them all to be armed with the required knowledge. Thus, you’ll be able to compose a strong piece regardless of its type and specifications.
Interpret the Meaning of Leadership
The final step is to explain the meaning of this term to yourself. After you gather all the points related to leadership, try to understand what this means. Ask yourself what makes a good leader and what qualities are really necessary.
Craft a Proper Outline
No project will be written quickly if it doesn’t have a plan. Here is a good example:
- Hook and general data
- Thesis statement
- Body paragraphs
- First paragraph: Discussing the qualities of a good leader in general
- Second paragraph: Reveal the main characteristics of a good leader. Tell about the importance of experience, confidence and proper knowledge to lead people
- Third paragraph. Tell that a good leader should be open-minded, possess good communication skills, be loyal to what he/she does and people he/she leads
- Paraphrase your thesis
- Summaries the outcomes and draw your final conclusions
It’s one of the possible outlines. You can change the arguments provided in the body paragraphs. Nevertheless, the template is the same for any leadership essay.
Every scientific project must be based on appropriate research. Find officially approved information sources. These are some studies, researches, debates and different literary works of other authors.
Draft Several Copies
Don’t try to manage your essay on leadership in a single copy. It’s better to write several drafts. Drafting organizes your thoughts. The things you’ve missed in the initial copy may be spotted in the second one. Write until you feel the project is ripe.
Make Your Text Readable
Many great assignments failed miserably because the narrator was unable to connect to his/her readers. Use an anecdote or shocking story to begin. Logically link all body paragraphs. Make sure your paragraphs’ ideas fully suit the thesis statement. Add bullet lists, subheadings, graphs, charts, and other stuff. Thus, your text will be more readable and interesting to read.
Edit and Improve
The last stage of your writing is revision. Reread it several times, use special applications, and ask other people to read your project. All these methods are quite effective.
Memorize these 10 tips. They are effective and useful to cope with any type of essay writing about leadership. Use them wisely and you’ll surely succeed.